Thursday, June 26, 2014

Moby (wrap), ergo infant (carrier), Kinderpack Toddler soft structured carrier (SSC)

I didn't have a wrap or career for the first six weeks or so of my sons life, and so I didn't really leave my house.  More accurately I didn't leave the nursing chair in the living room because my tiny six pound human was in my arms nearly all times.  Having family and friends visit was wonderful because they all had open arms for the baby boy that joined our family. After the visitors I was on my own to figure out how to cook, clean, care for the dogs, exercise, and exist with a tiny helpless human depending on me. It was at that six weeks that a friend came to visit. Ligaya had three kids at the time and was a total pro.  She realized pretty instantly that I was going stir crazy with the baby in my arms all day.  She gifted me a Moby wrap, which is essentially a long fabric piece that you wrap in a figure eight around your body and tie around your waist creating two equal pockets in the front.  These pockets are the perfect size for little babies lacking head control. I regifted that wrap and hope it has carried a dozen more babies since. 

My ergo infant carrier was the next step as Jaxon began holding his head up.  A soft-structured carrier it offered more support both for him and for my back.  They are so simple to put on its like throwing your parachute on when you're about to jump and with that you relax your baby right to sleep. "hopefully". Jaxon loved carriers! He would instantly be calmed and would shortly after fall asleep. 

When he was about two years old he was mostly uninterested in being carried, and quite heavy at that, but there were definitely times my Toddler carrier came in handy.  For airport travel it was always a necessity, and even Thomas got into baby wearing.  His larger frame was much more easily able to carry Jaxons 25+ pounds. Any sightseeing we did where we didn't want to move at a snails pace the carrier also kept Jaxon going with the flow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment