Thursday, June 26, 2014

COEX plaza Aquarium

I love Aquariums.  I can't say this enough, I have been to an inordinate amount of aquariums on different continents, in every state we've lived, and many many times I'll frequent the one nearest our home. I think it's something about the water and the sea life that reminds me of home.  Growing up on Floridas west coast I spent much time at the beach, wether it be with my mom playing in the ocean and getting a tan or with my dad and uncle fishing.

For a long time nothing could top the aquarium in Maui.  Thomas and I had vacationed to the remote Hawaiian island mid-tour deployment May 2011.  We stayed in a beautiful five star resort on the water and barely left the hotel.  We did however, make a trip for me to see the aquarium. It was full of pacific native fish, urchins, octopus, and sea urchins.  It resides right on the coast so you can even take a boat tour out to look for chance encounters with dolphins. 

The aquarium is plenty for a half days exploring with sharks, rays, turtles, and colorful tropical fish. 


"Named “Top 10 Aquariums in the World” by TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards, Maui Ocean Center is the premier destination to encounter and learn about Hawaii’s marine life. Home to one of the world’s largest displays of live Pacific corals, the Aquarium exhibits only marine life found in Hawaiian waters including tropical fish, sea turtles, sharks, stingrays, octopuses, sea jellies, and more. The Aquarium highlights the beauty of Hawaii’s undersea world while perpetuating the deep connection between the Hawaiian people and the sea. The Aquarium’s mission is to foster understanding, wonder, and respect for Hawaii’s marine life."  https://mauioceancenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment